John W. Cummins Papers
Scope and Contents
The John W. Cummins Collection consists of records of his life and work at Chatham College from the 1950s through the 1980s. Materials include newspaper clippings, correspondence, professional development information, materials related to teaching such as syllabi and tests, speeches, and letters of recommendation.
- Created: 1953-1989
- Other: Date acquired: 01/05/2007
- John W. Cummins (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The John W. Cummins Collection is open for research. Three folders containing faculty evaluations are restricted.
2.00 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
John W. Cummins was a professor of English at Chatham College from 1954-1985. He specialized in 19th century British literature and life and focused his scholarship and teaching in these areas. The John W. Cummins Collection consists of documents that chronicle teaching and life on the Chatham Campus from 1954-1989. Materials include information on curriculum, administrative processes, correspondence, and professional development activities in which Cummins participated.
Series I. Personal Information and Research Series II. Administrative Activities Series III. Course Materials
Materials were identified in the archives in May of 2007.
- Chatham University-- history-- sources Subject Source: Local sources
- Chatham University--Archives Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Cummins, John W.
- Education of Women--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh--History--Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's colleges--United States—History—Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Jamie Peretich
- Description rules
- Other Unmapped
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Chatham University Archives Repository
Pittsburgh PA 15232 US