Showing Finding Aids: 1 - 28 of 28
The Catherine R. Miller Collection contains 68 engravings, lithographs, and watercolors of 18th and 19th century Pittsburgh. The collection includes rare views of the city, maps, and numerous architectural drawings. Of particular note are works by Russel Smith, Tardieu, Currier, and Gillespie.
This artificial collection documents the process by which coeducation was proposed, researched, debated, and ultimately defeated in the late 1960s and in the early 1990s. The bulk of the records originate from the office of President Stafford. Coeducation in graduate programs and move to coeducation in 2016 are not included in this collection.
This collection contains meeting agendas, meeting minutes, correspondence, committee agendas and meeting minutes, presidential search records from a couple presidential searches in the mid to late 1900s, as well as other documents pertaining to the meetings and some photographs dating back to the 1800s. Additionally, information on a couple historic families and person was found and kept in this collection.
Chartered in 1869, Chatham University (formerly Pennsylvania Female College, Pennsylvania College for Women, and Chatham College) is a fully coeducation insitution of higher education located in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The Commencemetn Collection documents commencement excercises from 1870 to the present. The collection primarily includes event programs, photographs, ephemera produced by Chatham University for the event.
This collection is compiled of manuals regarding basic faculty obligations and information, faculty advising manuals, revised faculty manuals, and testing administration manuals. The materials span from 1947 to 2004.
Eleanor Harbison was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. In 1931 she began her studies at The Pennsylvania College for Women (PCW), now Chatham University.
Elizabeth Corey Wallis attended the Pennsylvania College for Women from 1924-1928. She was involved in many organizations at P.C.W. and these activities are documented in this collection.
Jerry L. Caplan was a professor of art at Chatham College from 1959 until 1988. He taught a variety of art courses including oil painting, design, drawing, ceramics, and sculpture, the latter being his primary subject. Caplan was the innovator of pipe sculpture, a technique in which industrial clay pipes are shaped, cut, and joined to form artworks. In his personal time, Caplan taught workshops for pipe sculptures, raku, and ceramics across the United States and around the world.
This collection mainly contains the working manuscripts of Chatham College: The First Ninety Years. Within the collection is also the Centennial Award received by Dysart, a retirement book, and a portrait photograph of Dysart.
This collection documents the activities of the Pittsburgh Female College Association (PFCA), an organization formed in 1905 to preserve the memory of the Pittsburgh Female College (PFC). The PFC was an educational institution located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that enrolled female students from 1855 to 1896.
Virginia Ann Sager attended the Pennsylvania College for Women from 1944 – 1948 as a day student. She was the first woman in her family to receive a college education. The Virginia Sager Collection spans her time at the Pennsylvania College for Women.
- Chatham University Archives 25
- Chatham University Special Collections 3
- Chatham University-- history-- sources 15
- Women's colleges--United States—History—Sources 11
- Chatham University--Archives 7
- Education of Women--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh--History--Sources 4
- Women in education--Pennsylvania--History—Sources 4
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Women -- Education--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh--History--Sources 3
- Women's colleges—History 3
- Women's education--Pittsburgh (PA)--1910-1950 3
- Women--Education--Pennsylvania--History--Sources 3
- Chatham University—Archives 2
- Music in Education—Pennsylvania—Pittsburgh 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Pennsylvania College for Women-- Archives 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Student newspapers and periodicals--history--sources 2
- Women -- Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh 2
- Women’s education-- history-- sources 2
- Adult education--Universities and colleges 1 + ∧ less
- Chatham University 14
- Chatham College 4
- Pittsburgh Female College--Alumni and alumnae--History--Sources 2
- Bream, Eleanor Harbison 1
- Bream, Eleanor Harbison--Archives 1
- Caplan, Jerry 1
- Carson, Rachel 1
- Carson, Rachel, 1907-1964--Archives 1
- Carson, Rachel, 1907-1964--History--Sources 1
- Chatham College--Office of the President 1
- Chatham Music and Arts Summer Day Camp 1
- Chatham University Board of Trustees 1
- Chatham University Center for Regional Agriculture, Foodways, and Transformation Collection 1
- Cummins, John W. 1
- Eddy, Edward Danforth--Correspondence 1
- Eden Hall Farm--History--Sources 1
- Eden Hall Foundation 1
- Edna Mckee Houston 1
- Elizabeth Corey Wallis 1
- Jerry L. Caplan 1 + ∧ less