Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Jerry L. Caplan was a professor of art at Chatham College from 1959 until 1988. He taught a variety of art courses including oil painting, design, drawing, ceramics, and sculpture, the latter being his primary subject. Caplan was the innovator of pipe sculpture, a technique in which industrial clay pipes are shaped, cut, and joined to form artworks. In his personal time, Caplan taught workshops for pipe sculptures, raku, and ceramics across the United States and around the world.
This collection mainly contains the working manuscripts of Chatham College: The First Ninety Years. Within the collection is also the Centennial Award received by Dysart, a retirement book, and a portrait photograph of Dysart.
This collection documents the activities of the Pittsburgh Female College Association (PFCA), an organization formed in 1905 to preserve the memory of the Pittsburgh Female College (PFC). The PFC was an educational institution located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that enrolled female students from 1855 to 1896.